Mount Everest is one of the most recognizable mountains in the world. Every year hundreds of people attempt to reach its summit. People from around the world are captivated by its height – some 8848 meters above sea level – and the adventurous, driven, mountain climbers who take it on embody the physical and mental extremes that test human capabilities.
In 1865, Waugh proposed that the Royal Geographical Society should name the mountain after his predecessor George “Everest” because it was too difficult to pronounce its Hindi name.
The Nepalese call the mountain Sagarmatha, or “goddess of the sky”, whereas the Tibetans call it Chomolungma or “mother goddess of the universe”.
It is to Be led by a Highly experienced Mountaineering Leader and supported by well experienced Guides and Friendly Staff.
Dates : 11th April to 25th April 2015.
Type of Trek : Moderate to Tough
Highest point : 18200 ( Kalapathar)
Focus : Culture, Mountaineering, Trekking, Ecology, photography , Mt g Everest view and other big peaks.
DAY 01: 11th April 2015
Arrival Kathmandu. you will be met by our support staff and transferred to the hotel in Kathmandu. Remainder of the day can be spent resting, shopping and sightseeing. You are on your own for the evening.
DAY 02: 12th April 2015
This morning, with our Kathmandu tour guide will meet us. Today we will be taken on tour to Durbar Market and the Monkey Temple, TIMS card and return to the hotel for the afternoon where you will be on your own for relaxing, last minute shopping, packing etc.
DAY 03: 13th April 2015
06:00hrs we meet in the lobby for coach transfer to the airport for our 40-minute flight to Lukla. Upon arrival we will meet our sherpa team ( if you choose sherpa service), for today’s journey to Phakding.
DAY 04: 14th April 2015.
Early morning starts in the Khumbu Valley. Rise around 7, bags packed and ready for your porters to collect from your rooms. Breakfast around 7:30 and on the trail at 8. this days trek is to Namche Bazaar
Day 05: 15th April 2015
No rush this morning. No need to pack as you will spend one more night here. Today is acclimatization day. You will trek only 1 hour up to the Sherpa villages of Kunde and Khumjung. Or visit the world famous everest view hotel. Acclimatization walk is very important at this stage
Day 06: 16th April 2015
Back on schedule with the 7:00 start. Today you will find to be very exciting as you officially make your journey up the Everest valley. Walking for about 5 hours directly underneath majestic peaks with Mt. Everest in the distance , we break at tengboche
Day 07: 17th April 2015
Just as amazing as sunset is from this location, so is sunrise. Be sure your camera is loaded during your time in Tengboche. Today we trek to dingboche
Day 08: 18th April 2015
Today take in the acclimatization hike so have a relaxed day
Day 09: 19th April 2015
The trail climbs to Phalang Karpa at 4340 meters then Dugla (lunch stop) at 4620 meters before reaching Loboche at 4930 meters.
Day 10: 20th April 2015
Trek for a few hours and reach Gorekshep and rest for the day.
Day 11: 201st April 2015
Up early 3:30 am as we head to Kalapatthar for the beautiful view of Mt Everest with the glow from rising sun. Get back to gorek shep and after a small rest break head to the Everest Base camp we return to Gorek shep and relax .
Day 12: 22nd April 2015
Today retrace our tracks back to Lukla. Our first stop is Pheriche, stay in a lodge.
Day 13: 23rd April 2015
Trek to Namche Bazaar. We are warming up now and the air is getting richer which seems to energize everyone. Upon arrival in Namche enjoy Cappuccino and fresh baking at the local bakery. A nice treat after several days on the dusty trail
Day 14: 24th April 2015
Trek to Lukla-stay in a lodge and enjoy a farewell dinner from the Everest region.
Day 15: 25th April 2015
Fly to Kathmandu- end of trek.
Day 17 end of the expedition , good byes and drop off at the airport.
One can extend the stay and explore KTM and around, do some adventure activities etc.
Cost : 42500/- excluding taxes
16 And above
Minimum number of participants
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home
- stay, Camping).
- Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg).
- Trek equipments (Sleeping bag,
- mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent,
- crampon, utensils, tent).
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid medical kits.
- Mountaineering qualified &
- professional trek Leader, guide and
- Support staff.
- Transport from Kathgodam to
- Loharjung and return.
- Staff Insurance.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit. Or travel
- Mules or porter to carry personal
- Anything not specifically mentioned
- under the head.
- Porters can be arranged to carry your rucksack approx 250/- per bag, per day.
Up to 24 Days :- 95% of cost will be refund.
Between 14-24 Day :- 70% of cost will be refund.
Between 14-10 Days :- 50% of cost will be refunded.
Less than 10 Days :- No refund
- No Refunds on cancellations , or not attending the event or if the Participant has to leave During any point of the event.
- No refunds will be made if the program gets cancelled due to Unavoidable circumstances out of the control of the organizers like Natural calamities, bundh’s, strikes , etc.
- Non-Indians will have to bear extra cost wherever applicable .
- Registration Form, Risk Certificate & Packing list, will be emailed and a Detailed pre-briefing on the Expedition will be done to All Confirmed Participants.
- Book with Full amount or 15,000/- Before August 23rd and the balance by 5th September. Payments Details on request.
Contact Sunand Sampath
Mobile: +91 9448476683